Wednesday, November 15, 2006

My Brief Biodata

Narrative Biography of KESTER OSAHENYE

In 2002, I had a Masters Degree in Managerial Psychology, From Nigeria’s premier University, University of Ibadan. I earlier studied Mass Communication. After graduation I became a communication researcher and educator on information about the dangers of certain cultural practices, such as widow inheritance, ghost marriage, female genital mutilation in Nigeria.
I had worked with the stable of African Economy Magazine. A Pan African multifaceted business medium as a Journalist from 1997 – 1998, The Guardian Newspaper in 1999. I covered various beats: From Defence, Money & Capital Markets, Information Technology, Politics etc.
I delved into branding and brand communication, I worked from 2000 to 2002 in PR agency (Ideas Communication), where I worked with the Trustees of the foremost Nigerian Media Merit Awards NMMA like the doyen of Nigerian journalism Alhaji Babatunde Jose, Hadji Alade Odunewu, Veterans like Dr. Doyin Abiola, Prince Tony Momoh, Amb. Segun Olusola etc. I carried out researches about the access to information by Nigerian journalist and ownership problems in the Nigerian Media of mass communication.

In 2002 in joined JWT Nigeria a multinational advertising agency, I later moved to Chi Limited in 2004 and currently, I work as a Business Analyst in MTN Nigeria. Where lot of researches such as Customer Satisfaction Index. The behaviour of Children towards ICT gaming in Nigeria and mobile telecoms regulation issues in Nigeria.
Since 2003 I have somewhat re-directed my research interests with a stronger focus on Nigeria. Currently I am working on different research projects that share a common goal: to understand Nigerian culture(s) and their articulation with social and political violence. These projects include population issues, gender and development discourse, citizens' media for peace, and life-stories of Nigerian women in violent contexts.

No comments: